“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde
It’s time to upgrade your life.
Here’s the deal. You don’t need to wait until the start of a new month, or a new week or even a new day. You don’t need to quit your job, leave your significant other, put your children up for adoption, finish school, or the like. All it takes is one commitment:
A commitment to be true to yourself. To be authentic.
Accountability is key.
Lets start things off easy. Find a piece of paper, a journal or a new text document.
Write a list of 30 things that you are committed to in this life. [Some people cringe at the word "committed" and prefer the word "passionate."]
Make each statement positive, concrete and specific. A good test is, imagine yourself reading them to me (or someone else) can I see it in my mind? Is it THAT clear, concrete and measurable that it is nearly visible, palpable?
Here are some bad examples:
- I am committed to being healthy.
- I am committed to eating healthy.
- I am committed to world peace.
These are not concrete. They are too vague. What does it mean [to you] to be healthy? Mental health? Spiritual health? Physical health? Is eating healthy mean eating salads or cutting out carbohydrates? What exactly is world peace? Break it down. Be very specific with each statement.
Here are some better examples:
- I am committed to working out three times a week for at least 30 minutes whether it be walking, running, weight lifting or cycling.
- I am committed to cutting out all meat from my diet and eating a strict vegetarian diet.
- I am committed to writing a letter explaining the detrimental effects of the war once a month.
See how these are more concrete and specific. They are palpable.
If you finish this (and trust me, it will be much harder than you think) go back and write "N/N" next to the things that are non-negotiable.
And now for the GIVEAWAY!
In honor of the start of Project Me, TWO lucky winners will receive their choice of either a "balance" or "harmony" bracelet.
YOU CAN ENTER UP TO 2 TIMES BY:
1. Leave a comment telling us 1 thing that you are committed to.
2. Post about this giveaway on your blog (or twitter or facebook if you don't have a blog) and then come back and leave a comment and link to let me know you blogged about it.
You must provide a name (anonymous comments will not be counted) and email address to win. (Don't worry I don't spam or share them. It's just so that I can contact you if you win.)
Must live in US or Canada.
Entries must be received by midnight of Friday, June 5, 2009. Winner will be announced on Monday, June 8, 2009.